It feels strange to see something like this advertised on Tumblr.
I don’t know why, exactly, or what I expected when it became clear that advertising was going to happen on the Radar sidebar. Adverts for… other websites? New hit web-series produced by young, counter-culture Tumblr folk? Something artisanal?
For whatever reason, I never really though Big Advertising - with its lack of meaning and a thin veneer of sexuality smeared on its indignant face - on Tumblr, a place I associate with creators and friends and teen GIF-lovers. It feels like the terrible real world has discovered our tree-house and stamped in to demand that we acknowledge their new underwear, all the while subtly stating that we’ll never look as good in them as their model does, because how could we.
I don’t know. I was hoping for more from Tumblr’s advertising, somehow. Not just another round of SEX-SEX-Buy-our-overpriced-stuff-SEX.
- thatguychad likes this
- winandtonic likes this
- whatswithtodaytoday likes this
- lafuguedantoine likes this
- photosbygia said: agreed
- photosbygia likes this
- ckwinny likes this
- yowhatsthehaps likes this
- courantdeconscience likes this
- adeandabet reblogged this from jasencomstock and added:
- percepto likes this
- distorte likes this
- theoneandonlyjarrett likes this
- davesnothere likes this
- predictablyawesome likes this
- atsween likes this
- jasencomstock reblogged this from summeromegadeth and added:
- summeromegadeth reblogged this from madthoughts and added:
- dailymeh said: One thing reddit does well: its ads are often “new hit web-series produced by young, counter-culture Tumblr folk” or “something artisanal” or other things that seem as if they come from the community (whether or not they actually do).
- kittykittybangbang likes this
- madthoughts reblogged this from everythinginthesky and added:
- madthoughts likes this
- nostrich likes this
- zumphry likes this
- delgrosso likes this
- artsmonkey reblogged this from everythinginthesky and added:
- artsmonkey likes this
- elizabite likes this
- nicky36 likes this
- steelopus said: But dude. Look at those abs.
- do-over likes this
- steelopus likes this
- taucher likes this
- yellowhammer-blurb likes this
- yellowhammer-blurb said: I do like the “tree-house” analogy, reminds of when I had a tree-house. I wouldn’t share, but now i’m much much more mature and generous
- gorillasushi likes this
- jhermann likes this
- girl-detective likes this
- vpache likes this
- upward said: I didn’t know about the advertising initiative, but I HAVE been wondering why the hell I keep seeing this on my radar all day. Do not like. I agree with the sentiment of your post. I would expect something … else.
- fuiru likes this
- brainmouth likes this
- upward likes this
- xntrek likes this
- everythinginthesky posted this